You can evaluate candidates based on their knowledge of a certain subject or topic by using technology. Conventional pen-and-paper exams are being phased out in front of computer-assisted digital assessments, which can streamline numerous administrative tasks for institutions. The practice of monitoring or conducting an examination is known as proctoring.
Online Proctoring, on the other hand, is the monitoring or invigilation of an Online Exam from a distance. The ability to conduct exams from a distant area is extended to the invigilator through Online Proctoring; in other words, the instructor becomes a remote proctor, ensuring the protection and authenticity of the Online Exam.
Benefits of Using Online Monitoring During Online Exams
There are several advantages to using online exam screening services.
• To ensure a secure exam, the monitoring person can effectively detect student activity and catch fraud.
• It enables supervisors to keep track of multiple tests at once. They can simply observe the test program thanks to modern technologies.
• Unauthorized individuals are unable to access digital exams.
• Due to remote monitoring, campus managers can keep a close eye on the exam procedure from afar.
Approaches for Securing Online Exam System
In today's test systems, there is a variety of new, upgraded, and novel features. People are likely to eradicate exam fraud if they use these techniques.
➤ Proctoring Through Video
Video Proctoring is a technique that ensures the confidentiality and integrity of an Online Exam by using live footage or video footage as a channel. The video for the online testing exercise is recorded using the web camera attached to the candidates' PC. The candidate must first pass the formal identification verification system, during which the online supervisor will validate the candidate's identity.
1. Live Stream Video Proctoring: The online monitor would use 100% live footage to observe the distant candidate taking the exam. If the monitor observes any questionable actions or evidence of misconduct while viewing the graphics, he or she can immediately alert the student and has the authority to halt the Online Exam at any time.
2. Video Proctoring using Recorded Video: When that verification is completed, the monitor can be inactive. The candidate's video camera, which was installed on his or her PC, would capture the entire footage for the Online Exam session. The recorded video would be stored on a cloud service and made available to the proctor for review at any time.
The supervisor can watch the entire video for the Online Exam to ensure the process's confidentiality and reliability. Video Proctoring removes a lot of the problems associated with Online Exam Security while also saving you time and cost.
➤ Image Proctoring
Another technique of Online monitoring is Image Proctoring, which allows users to undergo completely secure exams with restricted internet connectivity. Image Proctoring is a simple Web Screening mechanism system that uses the video camera to collect photographs of candidates taking an Online Exam after a set amount of time has passed. To guarantee the integrity of the Online Exam, the supervisor can subsequently review the bank of photos acquired during image proctoring activities.
➤ Proctoring Using Audio
Audio or voice monitoring, in addition to video streaming and image recording, is an equally important factor to consider while assuring the safety of the Online Exam. Audio Proctoring is a system that records every sound, word, or noise made in the location where the distant candidate is taking the Online Exam.
The instructor or examiner might review the audio recording later to look for any dubious voice notes or aberrations. When it comes to ensuring full protection for an Online Exam, Audio Proctoring is the one preventive strategy to take into account.
➤ Private Browser
Secure browsing is an important part of avoiding scams. If an applicant is attempting to deceive, a secure browser will alert you. With safe browsers, you can't do the following things:
• If the student tries to launch a second window or tab, it receives an alert. If this happens three times, the student will be disqualified, and the assessment tab will exit instantly.
• There is a restriction on how you can use the keypad. If a person tries to use a keyboard, the exam screen will turn off automatically. In addition, keyboard shortcuts for copying, pasting, and screen capture are unavailable.
➤ The Practice of Audit Logging
All user processes and clicks, as well as IP addresses and event timeframes such as Login, Log out, Continue Exam, End Exam, and Answer Option for multiple-choice questions, can be monitored. Exam administrators can audit numerous operations such as login, logout, IP address, Exam timing, Result accessibility, Question Bank view, and so on.
➤ The Technique of IP Monitoring
One can establish a permitted IP address listing for a completely protected manner and operation. The system can only be accessed from a fixed Ip address. Outside access to the network will be banned.
Randomness in the test sequence is also another secure approach; the examiner must vary or rearrange at least one-third of the multiple-choice or quantitative problems. Cheating is less likely when questions and answers are shuffled or used in different sequences.
➤ Scheduled Breaks and Time Limits
Sometimes students can try to use any remaining time at the end of the test to go back over problems they don't understand and use illegal tools to find solutions. Knowing that they have a limited amount of time discourages them from doing so. Time constraints, on the other hand, should be appropriate to avoid placing students under unnecessary stress. Planned breaks may be advantageous in some instances.
➤ Review Events that have been Highlighted as Quickly as Possible
Invigilation systems that use advanced AI algorithms should be able to easily and accurately flag incidents. However, AI lacks the intelligence required to decide if a suspected violation is indeed a violation. As a result, human assessment of highlighted events is critical for exam integrity protection. The online testing system becomes more efficient when reported incidents are addressed as soon as possible.
You cannot overlook the security concern of the administration when organizing online tests. You can guarantee the solution's safety by utilizing unique security mechanisms such as Online Proctoring, Inspection logging, and a secure browser. You might identify and uncover cheating practices using artificial intelligence.